may be the answer
Invisalign is an innovative method of straightening teeth, using breakthrough technology to design and manufacture series of clear aligners. Not only can you avoid wearing metal braces but the clear plastic aligners fit discreetly over your teeth for a virtually invisible solution.
Invisalign uses a series of invisible, removable, and comfortable aligners that your friends will not even know you’re wearing. This means, you can smile more during treatment and definitely after. The Invisalign aligners are made with 3-D computer imaging technology and have been proven to be highly effective and accurate. Each aligner differs subtly, and is designed to move teeth by a small amount as they are changed. Patients are required to wear the aligners for 22 hours per day removing them only to eat, drink and clean their teeth.
Each aligner is individually manufactured for your teeth, and your teeth only, and as you replace each aligner, your teeth will move - little by little, week by week - until they have straightened to the final position.The clear aligners are beneficial for the following reasons:
- They are virtually invisible - no one will know you’re undergoing treatment.
- They are smooth plastic - you can avoid sores and discomfort associated with metal braces.
- They are removable - you can remove your aligners during meal time and to clean your teeth.
Will it work for you?
- Widely spaced teeth: You may have extra space within your jaw. This could be due to small sized teeth, abnormal growth of the jaw bones, genetics, missing teeth and/or tongue protrusion. When teeth are missing, this issue can also be caused by the other teeth shifting due to extra space.
- Crossbites: A crossbite is when the upper and lower jaws are both misaligned. It usually causes one or more upper teeth to bite on the inside of the lower teeth, and can happen on both the front and/or the sides of the mouth.
- Overbites: This is when the upper teeth overlap significantly with the lower teeth. It's typically caused by either genetics, bad oral habits, or over development of the bone that supports the teeth.
- Overcrowded Teeth: This Happens When There Is A Lack Of Room Within Your Jaw For All Of Your Teeth To Fit Normally.
- Underbites: This can occur when the lower teeth protrude past the front teeth, usually caused by undergrowth of the upper jaw, overgrowth of the lower jaw, or both. It can also be caused by missing upper teeth.
It is important that you visit an experienced Invisalign-trained dentist to see how well Invisalign suits your specific needs. Dr Daley can advise as to whether Invisalign will work for you 07 3391 2504.
INVISALIGN IS THE CLEAR ALTERNATIVE TO BRACES