Porcelain veneers are very fine tooth-coloured porcelain covers which are seamlessly bonded to the front of prepared teeth. They are a more conservative treatment than a crown and can be used if the tooth is strong and healthy.
They can be suitable for people who have very misaligned teeth, and for those who did not wish to have braces or Invisalign orthodontic treatment.
If teeth are discoloured, worn, or chipped away, porcelain veneers may be a treatment option where the tooth can be rebuilt exactly as it ought to for best aesthetics and durability, and allows the dentist to rebuild your smile with a greater capacity to change the shade and shape of the teeth.
1. Feels just like the tooth
2. Strong, durable and stable
3. The shape of the teeth and colour can be changed
4. Finishes like glass, so it is stain free
5. 5 year laboratory warranty
6. Takes 2 weeks to have made, and temporaries are made
7. They can be made to be extremely thin, down to 0.2 mm
8. Precision fit and made by master ceramist in Australia
1. Veneers mostly require some preparation of the tooth surface, which means these are irreversible
3. Time - temporaries are placed for 2 weeks while our ceramist makes the veneer
4. Very rarely they can chip
5. Eventually a veneer will likely need to be replaced, they are very strong and long lasting, but may not last a life time
6. Excellent home care is needed, as well as routine checkups and professional cleans each 6 months to monitor veneers
7. Rarely veneers can debond or pop off - wear and tear on a veneer can be minimised by wearing a protective night guard or splint