WHY DENTAL HEALTH REVOLVES AROUND REGULAR SCALING AND CLEANING
A professional dental clean, or a scale and clean, is the removal soft and hard plaque, and stains that cannot be removed with regular tooth brushing and flossing at home. Regular scaling and cleaning prevents tooth decay and gum disease, and is recommended each 6 months.
Advantages of having regular scales and cleans are:
1. Whiter teeth - the calculus has a chalky white or yellow appearance. These hardened deposits are gently lifted off your teeth and at the gum line. Your teeth are carefully polished to remove as much of the surface stains from your teeth as possible.
2. Gum health - the calculus and plaque holds bacteria to the tooth surface, can get stuck under the gum and is known to cause infections of the gums.
3. Fresh breath - your teeth are carefully cleaned so that all the deposits that hold dead bacterial cells and other matter are removed.
4. Look after your overall health - the bacteria that cause gum disease are known to be linked to other diseases in the body like diabetes, heart disease and even dementia. A regular scale and clean is a way of ensuring that your mouth is as clean as can be.
5. Preventive care is less expensive - your dental professionals can monitor your dental health at each appointment, assess the amount of buildup, and offer advice to ensure that your home cleaning is as effective as possible.
#dentist #Brisbane #springhill #dental #dentists #dentistry #preventive #scale #health #smile #mouth #teeth #tooth #healthcare #professional