Steps to take to have sparkly, lovely healthy teeth!
1. Brush your teeth for 2 minutes in the morning after you have breakfast. Make sure they don’t feel furry. The toothbrush needs to touch each tooth to make sure there is no junk left on them. Brush the outside, top and inside of each tooth thoroughly using small circles. Keep your tooth brush clean, put in a glass so that it doesn’t touch anyone else’s toothbrush. You’ll need a new toothbrush each new season.
2. Think about whether the foods you are eating are sticky and sugary. Are they going to get jammed into the tops of your teeth? Try not to eat sugary foods and drinks too often - once or twice a day is ok, but more than this means your teeth are fighting to stay healthy. Your teeth are even stronger than your bones, but if you eat enough junk, the bacteria can eat your teeth away. Even cereals, tomato sauce, iced teas and flavoured yoghurt have lots of sugar in them. Think about whether you can make a choice like fresh fruit, greek yoghurt and water as a great tooth friendly snack maybe and so healthy for you too.
3. Brush your teeth at bed time and don’t eat or drink anything except for water after this.
4. Floss between all of your teeth so there is no food stuck in between them, to keep your teeth sparkly and clean and stop holes starting in between the teeth.
5. Drink lots of water instead of sugary drinks or juice.
6. BE FABULOUS, and we will see you again in 6 months to check you have been doing a good job and to make sure that your teeth are healthy!