TOOTH BONDING is the use of a tooth coloured plastic adhesive called composite resin that your dentist will shape and polish to match the surrounding teeth. By bonding the restorative materials onto your teeth, dentists can alter or change the appearance of individual teeth and improve your smile.
TOOTH BONDING APPLICATIONS
* Repair chips and cracks in teeth and broken areas
* Close gaps between teeth
* Reshape teeth
* Conceal staining and discolouration
* Repair a broken front tooth
Tooth bonding may be performed in a single visit and for one tooth takes anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. It may be less expensive than other cosmetic treatments, is relatively painless and is often performed without anaesthesia.
KEEP IN MIND
* Beware when biting. The resin used in dental bonding is not as strong as a tooth. If you bite your nails, or ice cubes, or the pens in your office, you risk chipping the material.
* If you follow a consistent oral care routine of twice-daily tooth brushing and daily flossing with a soft floss, your bonding should last for several years before it will need to be replaced.